Agile Configuration Management Environments
Sidebar: Manifesto for Agile Software Development 
We are uncovering better ways of developing software by doing it and helping others do it. Through this work we have come to value:Individuals and interactions over processes and toolsWorking software over comprehensive documentation. Customer collaboration over contract negotiation. Responding to change over following a planThat is, while there is value in the items on the right, we value the items on the left more.
- Our highest priority is to satisfy the customer through early and continuous delivery of working software
- Welcome changing requirements, even late in development. Agile processes harness change for the customer’s competitive advantage.
- Deliver working software frequently, from a couple of weeks to a couple of months, with a preference to the shorter time scale
- Business people and developers must work together daily throughout the project
- Build project around motivated individuals. Give them the environment and support they need, and trust them to get the job done.
- The most efficient and effective method of conveying information to and within a development team is face-to-face conversation
- Working software is the primary measure of progress
- Agile processes promote sustainable development. The sponsors, developers, and users should be able to maintain a constant pace indefinitely
- Continuous attention to technical excellence and good design enhances agility
- Simplicity – the art of maximizing the amount of work not done – is essential
- The best architectures, requirements, and designs emerge from self-organizing teams
- At regular intervals, the team reflects on how to become more effective, then tunes and adjusts its behavior accordingly
AgileConnection is one of the growing communities of the TechWell network.
Featuring fresh, insightful stories, TechWell.com is the place to go for what is happening in software development and delivery. Join the conversation now!