- case(s). QA engineers will have either created or updated existing workflow test cases from their test case abstracts. The preference, if possible, is to update existing workflows so our existing test library is always up to date.
- Generally, this is a 1 hour meeting which occurs within one to five days after the first step in the QA methodology. Additional meetings might be required to review all test cases.
- A holistic workflow that reflects the persona(s) of an actual application user.
- Generally, the testing efforts are at risk when new features are not fully understood, features are delivered late, or the test execution is delayed or rushed.
- The purpose of this task is for the QA team to review the test execution progress by:
- collaboratively discussing the areas that have been tested and not tested,
- review heuristic and exploratory testing opportunities,
- identify any testing gaps (ad hoc application changes),
- assess automated regression testing, and
- extending the knowledge distribution within the team
Process, Timing and Frequency
- During the QA test cycle the QA team shares and reviews the progress of their (1) workflow test execution, and (2) identify any test execution obstacles or serious defects.
- Generally, this is a 1 hour meeting which occurs usually one day after each build is deployed to the QA environment.
- Assessment of the testing progress, as well as, identifying obstacles that interfere with the testing phase.
Test Run Check Points
- Producing status reports reduces valuable testing time from each QA engineer, implementing developer or product management test case reviews also reduces their time to address code or design flaws.
- The purpose of this task is for the QA team to take ownership for the testing progress at both the feature (functionality) and workflow levels.
- Report on the areas that have been tested and not tested,
- Report any major obstacles that prevent/block testing,
- Re-prioritize or shuffle testing efforts,
- Escalate issues to development and/or product management,
- Create awareness within the team to (a) reduce duplicated testing efforts, and (b) reduce duplicated issues reported in the defect tracking system, and
- Address automated regression scripts.
Process, Timing and Frequency
- During the QA test cycle the QA team shares and reviews the progress of their (1) workflow test execution, and (2) identify any test execution obstacles.
- Generally, this is a 1 hour meeting which occurs usually one day after the 1st build, at the mid-point of the testing phase, and daily during the last week in the QA cycle.
- Continual testing progress assessment, prioritization of test efforts, and a method to address to obstacles in the testing phase.
Our Agile QA Adaptation has been put into practice and has proven itself with low production defects (averaging less than 3% of production issues are defects). Whether you have local or remote teams, the QA Agile Adapation works nicely to help you gain a better understanding of each person's aptitude in your application, and supports new staff members by leveraging the knowledge of each person on the team.