Anti-Pattern Name: Cool to be Continuous
· How often should I populate my private workspace with the latest changes?
· Project development methodology (waterfall, incremental, iterative) is not identified or understood
· No direction or guidance provided on the rate of change to a workspace.
· Do not really understand the meaning and full implications of continuous integration and how to best apply it.
· Riding the latest trend (e.g., continuous integration wagon) is “cool”.
· Need something to blame for slow progress in programming.
· Constantly update the private workspace with latest code baseline irrespective of readiness to accept changes.
· Can never (or hardly ever) complete a change request or fix a problem in the code since the baseline of code surrounding the change continuously is updated. Progress is very slow.
· Ask for a clear understanding of the project development methodology (waterfall, incremental, iterative) and a general expectation of the frequency of updating the private workspace with the latest baseline.
· Update the private workspace after reaching a milestone of change (fixed the defect, completed one change request, etc.) that aligns with the change frequency expected and the development methodology used.