CM Level: Project
· Getting CM tasks into the project plan
· Baselining the code for the new development
· Establishing the appropriate branching structures
· Compiling the code
· Creating a release package with deliverables
· Attending change control board (CCB) meetings
In our lives, we are typically very busy. It is important to maximize the output of any task we perform. By identifying the right audience and therefore the right level, may help us to derive the most benefit from a task. This is particularly important in the lives of CM professionals who are inundated with work requests. The more we understand the level we need to work in and people we need to work with, the greater the chance we will have in completing the task successfully.
1. Chapter 1, “4. Examining the Target Levels”, p3-5, by Mario E. Moreira, 2004, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd Publishing.
2. Chapter 1, “4. Examining the Target Levels”, p3-5 of the “Software Configuration Management Implementation Roadmap” by Mario E. Moreira, 2004, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd Publishing.
3. “Approaching the Implementation of CM”, by Mario Moreira, CM Crossroads, February 2004