- are faster than undeclared variables.
- Avoid redimensioning arrays.
- Use trailing slashes in the directory URL. If they are not used, it will take two requests to get the URL resolved. The first request will go to server unresolved and second with added slash to be resolved.
- Upgrade to latest and greatest. Make sure that all the bits and pieces that are being used on the server are frequently upgraded. Make sure that service packs and patches are applied.
- HTML compression should be turned on with IIS.
- "Designing Performance in to Your Web-Based Applications," IBM performance management and capacity planning services
- "Object Oriented Performance Testing of Web Applications" by Dr. B. M. Subraya and S. V. Subrahmanya, IEEE
- "Boosting App Server Performance," Application Development Trends , Vol 7, No II
- "E-Business Testing: User Perceptions and Performance Issues" by Andreas Rudolf and Raniner Pirker, IEEE 0-7695-0825-1/00
- "Performance Testing E-Commerce Web Systems" by Mike Hagen. Presentation paper, Vanguard Group, 3 May 2002
- "Load Testing for E-Confidence," Segue software
- "Scaling the Web" by Daniel. A. Menasce, George Mason University