Existence of Defects
· Do bugs exist if they are not found?
· Do bugs exist if they are not reproducible?
· How much effort is necessary to reproduce a bug?
· How much effort is necessary to prove that a bug exists, was fixed, or is still open?
Goal of Testing
· What are the similarities and differences between the concepts of "comparing" and "contrasting"?
· Do we compare expected results with actual, or do we contrast them?
· If we compare, then the goal of testing is to verify that software works. If we contrast, then the goal is to prove that it doesn't. Is there a practical difference?
· What is the real purpose of testing?
· Who does it ultimately benefit?
· How does testing software benefit humanity/society?
· Is there ever a benefit to humanity by releasing defective software?