Improving Tester Quality
· What is skill? What is talent?
· Why are some testers better than others at finding bugs?
· What happens to a tester biologically/mentally/(spiritually?) when he is totally focused and completely concentrating on the application that he's testing?
· Can that be replicated?
· Can that be measured?
· Can it be taught?
· Can it be invoked at will?
· Is there anything predictable behind it, or does it just happen?
· Can you get "psyched up" to find bugs, like athletes do before events? How?
· Is there a way to mentally prepare for testing software?
· Can you use visualization techniques to become a successful bug finder?
· Can people's emotional state at a given time contribute to defective software?
· What nontechnical elements-emotions, beliefs, psychology, timing, stress, anxiety, depression, substance abuse-can contribute to defective software?
· What makes you notice bugs?
· What makes some people notice bugs and other people not notice them?