- Familiarity with software programming.
- Software life cycle.
- Testing and developing tools.
- Database and SQL basics.
As a leader you should have:
- Diplomatic skills to deal with the team which will create a better working environment that will:
- Improve employee creativity.
- Increase their responsibility.
- Comfort employee to give their opinions and discuss them.
- Good judgment for hiring employee and keeping skilled people
- Ability to focus in all system process and details
- Ability to prioritize the working plan
- Control to run meetings and keep attendances focused as cross-functional meetings
- Influencing and persuading skills to drive changes to team member
7. Judgment skills
Used when testing and with defect tracking. Also used by a leader as for assessing high risk areas of an application, time planning, cost effectiveness and production efficiency.
Other personal improvement
In addition to the above skills you can develop:
- Flexibility, openness, ready to give and accept feedback.
- Courage to take decision when there is a critical situation with no time for discussion
- Problem solving, mathematic and statistical skills
- Intellectual stimulation and logical/ lateral thinking methods
About the Author
Sondos Shana'ah is a systems analyst and Taghreed Hajbi is a senior quality analyst with Aspire Services ( www.aspire-services.net). You can contact them via email [email protected] or [email protected].