- from highest to lowest levels?
- Is there a context-setting, highest-level use case at the outermost design scope for each primary actor?
- Are all the system's functional requirements reflected in the use cases?
- Are all the information sources listed?
- Do the use cases define all the functionality within the scope of the system and nothing outside the scope?
- Can we trace each use case back to its requirement(s)?
- Can we trace each use case forward to its class, sequence, and state-transition diagrams?
This set of questions, based on syntax, domain expert, and traceability testing, and focused on completeness, correctness, and consistency, is designed to get you started testing in an area with which you may not be familiar. Future articles will apply the same principles to testing sequence diagrams, class diagrams, and state-transition diagrams.
Good luck testing.
Other articles in this series: