first place, and to forecast that point at which benefits would begin to outweigh the costs of the effort.
Want to Learn More?
- David Gelperin, Maybe We Shouldn't Write Requirements , StickyMinds Original Article, October 2002. A brief discussion—and lots of reader comments—on how best to record and manage requirements: paper documents vs. spreadsheets vs. database, etc.
- Jeffery E. Payne, Quality Meets the CEO: How to Get Management Buy-in , STQE magazine, May/June 1999.
- David F. Rico, How to Estimate ROI for Inspections, PSPsm, TSPsm, SW-CMM®, ISO 9000, and CMMIsm , StickyMinds, Sept 2002.
- Ed Weller, Calculating the Economics of Inspections , StickyMinds, Jan 2002.
- Dean Leffingwell, Calculating Your Return on Investment from More Effective Requirements Management .